Work & Industry
WholePerson Therapeutics knows that employment goes beyond just getting paid. A job can affect a person’s self-esteem and mental health. That’s why we’re the clear choice in and around Shelton, Connecticut to provide employment-related physical rehabilitation physical rehabilitation services. Our female, veteran-owned company offers:
Functional Capacity Evaluation
An FCE is designed to evaluate an individual’s capacity to perform work. It measures their health status and body functions against the work environment and professional demands they experience every day. People can benefit from a Functional Capacity Evaluation if they have been injured on the job, they are looking to return to work after an illness, they are seeking vocational rehabilitation services, and more.
This intentionally broad term covers numerous aspects of occupational therapy with the end result of helping clients continue to work. We individually assess the impact of physical disabilities, cognitive issues, and other factors that may limit work performance. Also, we help to identify barriers to success in the workplace, as well as other contexts or environments that either support or hinder professional roles.
Pre-Employment & Post Injury Agility Tests
Physical Agility Test is the ability to change the direction of the body in an efficient and effective manner which requires a combination of:
- The ability to maintain equilibrium when stationary or moving (i.e. not to fall over) through the coordinated actions of our sensory functions (eyes, ears and the proprioceptive organs in our joints)
- Static Balance – ability to retain the center of mass above the base of support in a stationary position
- Dynamic Balance – the ability to maintain balance with body movement
- the ability to move all or part of the body quickly
- the ability of a muscle or muscle group to overcome a resistance
- the ability to control the movement of the body in co-operation with the body’s sensory functions e.g. catching a ball (ball, hand and eye coordination)
This test is required for Firefighters, EMT, EMS, Factory workers, and many other industries.